Monday, August 3, 2009

Midnight Blogging

I've taken to midnight blogging. I just finished reading one of my friends' blogs (see the blogging inspiration babble in previous post) and decided I like the idea of summarizing the day, so that's what I shall do. Sorry to steal, Steph and Sam!

Okay, so today, I woke up and walked downstairs for breakfast, only to be greeted by my family for some wonderful "centering prayer." Centering prayer is another word for sitting quietly and doing nothing, something that doesn't come easily for someone with ADHD like myself. It really made me crave normalcy and the ability to control th sudden urges to shake your leg and move. But I got over it and then proceeded to eat breakfast. Then my family went to the beach. My awesome sister and I went into the ocean and asked our father to come with us. So we headed out to find the waves to be rough. My Dad decided he'd ride a wave in but he phailed. Epically. He came up and cursed (which he seldom does) informing us that he believed he had just dislocated his shoulder. So after 3 life gaurds (all equally stupid but apparently hot according to my sister) looked at him, it was confirmed... that he'd have to go somewhere else to fix his shoulder. So we said "Gee, thanks Doc," and my mom and dad went to a clinic. Meanwhile, my sisters and I stayed with a family friend on the beach. And by on the beach, I mean in a 5 by 5 plot of land since the people in charge had theorized that the ocean was too dangerous. If we were to venture out of the little shady spot, we had to be directly infront of the lifegaurd (which probably freaked out the lifegaurd). After some time, we all grew hungry and ordered some food which was supposed to be back in 15 minutes. But apparently, in New Jersey, you multiply everything by 3, so 45 minutes later, our food arrived. After eating, we met up with our parents (just my mom really because my Dad was resting) and she relieved us of our quarentine and we spent an hour diving and jumping through waves to make up for lost time. As soon as we came in, Flannie and his family arrived, so we went back out. We then proceeded to build little lumps of land near the shore to see how long they'd last. After a few years of vacationing together, Flannie, his sister and brother and my sister had developed many beach games and the one we played with the lumps involved an intricate system of governments, militaries, agriculture, industry, and trading as we named our countries and traded goods. If a wave knocked down an area of a country or flooded a field or mine, all aspects of the economy and government effected by it suffered. It was actually a pretty intense game that we manage to play at least one each year. After that, we went home and showered and then went to dinner in a restuarant where cellphone usage was prohibited. Flannie, his brother Matt, and I all ordered hot chocolate, despite the fact it was the middle of the summer, and then joked around with my sister since she ruined it by ordering lemonade, referring to it as the "yellow beverage" all meal. We all ordered bowtie pasta with alfredo unintentionally and then we laughed and talked until everyone finished their meal. We walked back to the condo complex when our parents went to see a movie and the kids all went to Flannie's condo where his grandma supervised us as we watched T.V. and hung out, making fun of television commercials and adding our own awkward commentary. Finally, our parents came home, took us home, and sent us to bed. Well, everyone but me, I just get told not to stay up too late. And to follow through on that promise, I believe I will go to bed now. Good night, people of Earth! And other planets where you read in English! Wait, it's not night if you're in another time zone. Oh well, go to bed anyway, I require it.

Oh, and this post made sense! Well... sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment