Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HHYT, Week 2, Day 1

So on Day 1, week 2, my day started when I arrived at the theater. We're out of the studio this week. The first thing we did was finish staging the show, which started with the "Storming the Castle" scene. HHYT has taught me many things. Not only am I a more skilled gymnast than I thought, I'm also a pretty good fencer. Or at least staged-fencer. Because I'm now supposed to fight with Denise in the scene, which is a lot of fun! We finished the staging and were sent off to lunch after getting a tour of the stage (I learned that the curtains seperating the wings are called legs and the light fixtures behind the legs are called boons). We went to Starbucks and then to pizza where Kevin, a PA (that stands for production assistant), stole stuff from my friend Jessica. It was pretty funny. She'd grab her cellphone to protect it and then he'd run off with her cream soda. Nicki was always sent to get it back for her, and because she's so cute he'd return it. To taunt Jessica, Nicki put her Izzie drink in the middle of the table in Kevin's reach, but he would ignore it, then steal her stuff. After lunch, we had our first run through at the theater. And maybe it was because it was the first run through at the theater, but it was god awful. I mean, words cannot describe the lack of enthusiasm we displayed (which means I'm pretty bad at my job of writing if I can't describe stuff). So we got our first ever "If you fail, I look bad, so do it for me. Because I care just as much as you should" speech from John, the musical director. It was new and different, and it actually worked, because when we ran it one last time and everything fell into place better than before. Everyone knew their lyrics and blocking and no one walked into set peices or props... it was a dream come true. But it lasted about 5 minutes, then we fell apart again and were dismissed. But I'm being hopeful. Because I know the show will be amazing. I have faith... I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment