Saturday, August 15, 2009

Degrassi Screening Party

As you should already know if you read my other blog, Degrassi Goes Hollywood aired (in the US) on August 14th, and Mango threw a screening party.(So much fun!!...sort of...oh and JJ, REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR FONT IN ITALICS OR ELSE MY BOLD FUNKY FONT DOEN'T FEEL SPECIAL!!!!) And despite the drama and fights and back-stabbing and secrets that come with my life (it's very Degrassi-esque), it was a lot of fun. Flannie did come dressed like the stereotypical gay person (which was tres awesome, an idea developed at the treehouse building shindig at Flannie's the day I posted about that)(<---I was there too...interesting conversation...) which was the funniest thing EVER. But apparently Mango's parents aren't so big on gay people either so we've still made zero progress. Our good jerk-ish friend Ashley came, and due to her jerk-ish-ness, she insisted upon only watching the commercials, but towards the end, it captured her attention and she stayed in the room.(It did??? I didn't know that!!) We ate (food), drank (soda), watched (Degrassi), and played (extreme ping-pong). What could be better? It was so much fun, I'm not even blogging about HHYT day 5, but the party. During the party Mango texted her friend Alex, who happens to share a name with her swim coach, and convinced Flannie he was her coach (a little payback for his convincing of her that D-Day was when the Japanese attacked Cape-Cod with bayonets last year). It was hilarious (Agreed!!). I learned how to do a front handspring on Mango's lawn, which was awesome (Again, agreed!!). I'm discovering I have many undiscovered acrobatic abilities during this little HHYT performance. Mango was upset and I went to talk to her in the bathroom... and we came out together while Ashley and Flannie were playing miniature air hockey and you could tell what they were thinking... that was also funny, but in a more disturbing sense. (Ugh!!!!! Ewwww much???)

Oh, and guess what Luke told me today! He said he was sure I would be a lead soon and he was glad he'd had the opportunity to work with me! Me! JJ [lastname]. He called me amazing! ME! I wanted to say "I'm honored to work with you! You're amazing!" But I didn't, because that would be awkward and I knew I was blushing, so I just got out of there. But still... me! It's amazing. I'm all dizzy and happy and light. It's like, all those years of just patiently waiting for my time in the spotlight while all the directors ignore me and treat me like some talentless member of the ensemble have just faded away. And now, finally, someone sees me and sees talent and potential and someone amazing. And it's just the greatest feeling in the world.

Okay, now I've gotta go do nonsense summer homework. Kill me now (But if I killed you, I would be down a bosom friend!!), only honors classes get it and it's making me wish I was average (same here...summer work is horrible). Blah. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment