Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back Home!!!

As from the title, you could probably gues that I, Basil, have finally returned home after a week of vacationing in Montauk. I hate to say it, but it's good to be home, in a beautiful world of air conditioning, not broken screen doors and most of all, no small children to wake me up at eight in the morning. Oh, and more than 12 channels of TV. That's nice too.

JJ should really post somehing soon so I can make random comments about it, but she's busy with HHYT so I don't blame her for not posting/finishing her posts and such. I really want to go to her show tonight, but my mom won't let me leave the house since we have to unpack. Also, she probably doesn't want to spend any more time in the car than she already has. Three hour drives really take a lot out of a person. Well, not me because I was sleeping the whole time, but you get the gist.

So,I woke up this morning at around 8:15 but not because of the screaming kids. I couldn't go back to sleep because my left ear was really bothering me. My ear still hurts right now, so I think I have swimmer's ear. Great, just great. I was really looking forward to doing that flip off the diving board sometime soon. The ear drops I've been putting in my ear have been helping with the pain, but not for the rest of my body, since I now have an assortment of bruises and scratches all over my legs. Did you know that it's really hard to judge distance when your head is tilted sideways? I didn't....at least not until 15 minutes ago. Going up and down stairs is hard work with a sideways head.

I'm really going to miss Montauk. Well, not the house I stayed in, but the place itself. The little not-chain shops on ever corner, the bake shop with key lime donuts, the sunny beaches I've grown to love and most of all, the lobster rolls. Lobster rolls are now my favorite lunch food. We actually stopped at this place called "The Lobster Roll Restaurant" with Millie's family on the way home. Needless to say, the lobster rolls there are AMAZING. Especially with iced tea...I put around 5 packs of sugar in mine...hehe. Following the excellent lunch that costed about $180 (there were nine people, so I guess thats normal. $20 each?), Millie was brutally attacked by the automatic sliding door on my mom's car while trying to say her farewells. That door is VICIOUS!

You know what I was thinking today? No? Didn't think so. Well, I was thinking about blogging, and I thought to myself, "What is blogging but a giant, more detailed version if Twitter?" I never really answered this question, but think about it. You write about everything that you're doing, whether people want to read about it or not. It's a way of making a novel of your life that practically nobody will read (happy? I said practically, so that doesn't mean there aren't readers out there :D). Though, it is really fun and a good way to kill some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment