Sunday, August 9, 2009

Life

Today was a wonderful day but I won't blog about it. You see, Basil said she might try to blog today or tomorrow and it would be terrible for me to blog about a wonderful day I shared with her and then have her sign on and go "Oh no, I've got nothing to blog about" and then sign off. So, due to my excessively hopeful and unrealistic fantasy, I'm going to blog about... life.

Well, that's actually a particularly broad subject. Everything and everyone is living and are all part of the magical thing we call life. And things that are dead were once part of life. When we lose them, it enhances life and adds the feelings of loss, grief, and acceptance to our emotional repertoire which adds them to life. And the mineralic and inorganic substances that aren't technically living have a life of their own, a spirit that can be captured in mysterious and enchanting tales of magic and legend. So I could choose to talk about anything. I could talk about Cheez-Its, the most delicious attempt to make cheddar cheese a cracker. I could talk about how there are more species of mammals that lay eggs than mammals that walk on two legs. I could talk about how friends are the most necessary but the most frustrating people everyone needs in their life. I could even talk about Adamo Ruggiero (who is gay!).

Oh, speaking of gay, on Friday, Mango's throwing a Degrassi Goes Hollywood Movie screening party at her house. Despite the Degrassi controversy amongst my friends (is it a waste of time or heaven in the form of television... obviously the latter), Flannie, Mancove, Basil, Mango, and I are definitely coming. The only problem (other than the Flannie-Mango-Basil-loving-dating-fearing ordeal) is the fact that Mango's parents do not approve of Flannie since he's a guy. They've got this fear that anyone of the male sex is a rapist who is out to kill their daughter. But if you're a girl, their amazing hosts and fabulous people. But unfortunately for Flannie, he's never experienced this delightful aspect of the Mango household.

Yeah, I know you're questioning my connection of gay people to the Mango household, but be patient. To convince Mango's parents that he's not a rapist, we've decided he should pretend to be gay. Which hopefully he'll do. At least he'll hopefully dress and talk as the stereotypical gay person... which isn't all that accurate, because some of the most awesome people I know are gay and you'd never be able to tell. I know an amazing guy who's gone sky-diving twice and he's gay. And I know some other amazing gay people, although the relevancy of this interruption is non-existent. Anyway, I'll tell you on Friday (or Saturday morning) how it went, all you awesome imaginary people who care deeply about my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment